- Bruins Enter December As Best in EastPosted 5 days ago
- UMass Cracks Top 25Posted 2 weeks ago
- Bruins Showing Flair for the DramaticPosted 2 weeks ago
- Rask Keeps Up Stellar Play For BruinsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Four Takeaways From Bruins’ Win Over LightningPosted 4 weeks ago
- Bruins Prepare For Seguin’s Return to BostonPosted 1 month ago
- Red Sox Lose Game 3 on Obstruction CallPosted 1 month ago
- Red Sox Fall Apart Late in Game 2Posted 1 month ago
- Red Sox Roll in Game 1 of World SeriesPosted 1 month ago
- World Series Preview: Red Sox vs. CardinalsPosted 2 months ago
Chad Ochocinco Released from the New England Patriots
- Updated: June 7, 2012
FOXBORO, MA – This morning Chad Ochocinco reported to Gillette Stadium for OTAs, but was spotted leaving in a hurry just 10-15 minutes after arriving and then didn’t report back. Ochocinco added fuel to the fire when he removed the “New England Patriots WR” reference from his Twitter account @ochocinco.
Within a short period of the story breaking, Ochocinco replaced the reference to the Patriots in his profile’s biography section.
Now, ESPN’s Adam Schefter has reported that after failed attempts to trade Ochocinco throughout the day, the New England Patriots have decided to release him.
The Patriots brought back Chad Ochocinco during the offseason with a restructured contract, down from $3 million to $1 million and Ochocinco has been present for all of the media-attended OTAs for this upcoming season. The Boston Globe reported that while Ochocinco is still physically capable of performing, he’s had trouble grasping the Patriots playbook.