- A Suspension, Injuries and More WinsPosted 1 day ago
- Bruins Enter December As Best in EastPosted 1 week ago
- UMass Cracks Top 25Posted 2 weeks ago
- Bruins Showing Flair for the DramaticPosted 2 weeks ago
- Rask Keeps Up Stellar Play For BruinsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Four Takeaways From Bruins’ Win Over LightningPosted 4 weeks ago
- Bruins Prepare For Seguin’s Return to BostonPosted 1 month ago
- Red Sox Lose Game 3 on Obstruction CallPosted 1 month ago
- Red Sox Fall Apart Late in Game 2Posted 2 months ago
- Red Sox Roll in Game 1 of World SeriesPosted 2 months ago
Things Get Weird When Bob Kraft Tries to Act
- Updated: July 11, 2012
So far, we’ve established with relative certainty that Tom Brady is a halfway decent comedic actor….his boss Bob Kraft on the other hand….not so much.
With Patriots training camp about to open in just over a week, things are getting weird for the team that will hopefully be contending for another Super Bowl championship this year, to the point where I’m starting to wonder if they might just orchestrate their own halftime show, complete with a nude Rob Gronkowski spiking random objects, working at Dunkin Donuts in Foxborough and appearing on a reality dating show, Tom Brady knocking down standees and having staring contests and Bob Kraft and his new “girl friend” (not to be confused with “girlfriend”) Ricki Noel Lander acting out scenes from a very peculiar looking movie. Wes Welker could even get into a bar fight at his bachelor party, Julian Edelman can chase baseballs, and should Jesse Holley make the team, they can tape all of these scenarios into a bizarre new football reality show about the New England Patriots.
I might watch that. It might get good ratings.
Either way, Bob Kraft can’t act. This also might be the most bizarre non-football related thing I’ve seen from these guys during the off-season. Yes, there are things more bizarre than a naked Rob Gronkowski spiking a pinata–I didn’t know that was possible either.
Wednesday afternoon, the video was removed from YouTube with a statement that said it contained copyrighted material by FOX Entertainment. Bob Kraft issued this statement to ProFootballTalk.com, “I tried to help Ricki prepare an audition tape for an upcoming Vince Vaughn/Owen Wilson comedy by reading Wilson’s lines. I never intended that it would be made public and I regret that it has. I think we can all agree that Owen Wilson has nothing to worry about. I am going to stick to my day job.”
While the video is off YouTube, there are plenty of sites that saved it and posted their own versions of it, so it’s still out there. There is some explicit language in this video, so don’t say you weren’t warned.
Click to view the video on Deadspin.com.