- A Suspension, Injuries and More WinsPosted 3 days ago
- Bruins Enter December As Best in EastPosted 1 week ago
- UMass Cracks Top 25Posted 2 weeks ago
- Bruins Showing Flair for the DramaticPosted 2 weeks ago
- Rask Keeps Up Stellar Play For BruinsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Four Takeaways From Bruins’ Win Over LightningPosted 4 weeks ago
- Bruins Prepare For Seguin’s Return to BostonPosted 1 month ago
- Red Sox Lose Game 3 on Obstruction CallPosted 2 months ago
- Red Sox Fall Apart Late in Game 2Posted 2 months ago
- Red Sox Roll in Game 1 of World SeriesPosted 2 months ago
Bill Belichick Shows Some Love, Kisses Aaron Hernandez’s Elbow at Pats Practice
- Updated: August 4, 2012
I’m telling you: I can’t make these things up.
Bill Belichick is not just the tough-as-nails coach we see on the field; that guy who blandly offers no explanations to tough questions from the media in pressers..expressionless, shrugging off losses and even the big wins…he has a softer side.
Coach Belichick was spotted at Patriots practice Wednesday night at Gillette Stadium giving tight-end Aaron Hernandez a little smooch on the elbow after Hernandez was knocked down during a 7-on-7 drill. According to onlookers (and the capturer of this great photo) it was the only time Belichick smiled during the practice, which was open to season ticket-holders.
So what prompted the fatherly side of the usually stiff coach? “I had a little bruise on my elbow and I was whining about it,” Hernandez said after practice. “He was just showing me the love of a father-figure and he gave me a kiss on the elbow.”
It doesn’t get much cuter than that, does it? Hernandez says he didn’t even request a “kiss it to make it better” smooch from Belichick but said, ”I damn sure liked it, though. Felt some love.”